Name : Abdulla Mohammed Al-Sadiq
Nationality : Bahraini
Position : Head of Finance and Business Studies Unit
Deanship of Scientific Research – University of Bahrain
Bahrain Centre for Studies and Research
Present Address : University of Bahrain
P.O. Box 32038
Manama, kingdom of Bahrain
Tel: (00973) 39639686
|Membership of Organizations:|
- Vice Chairman of the MENA Investment Centre.
- Member of Board of Directors of Gulf Economic Association>
- Former Member of the Higher Education Council.
- Former President of the Bahrain Economic Society.
- Member of the Deanship Council for Scientific Research at the University of Bahrain, 2005.
- Research Associate of the Economic Research Forum for the Arab Countries, Iran & Turkey.
- Former member of the Advisory Board of the Emirates Occasional papers published by the Emirates Centre for Strategic Studies and Research (ECSSR).
- Member of the Higher Committee which worked on the preparation of the National Action Charter for the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Ph.D. – Economics
UK. Nov., 1990
Title of Ph.D. Thesis: Joint Ventures and Industrialization in Bahrain.
- M.A – Economics
North Texas State University, U.S.A.
- B.A. – Economics
University of Texas at Austin, U.S.A.
Oct 2006 : Secretary-General of Bahrain Centre for Studies and Research
May 2006 to Oct 2006
: Acting Secretary-General of Bahrain Centre for Studies and Research, BCSR.
2002 to 2006 : Assistant Secretary-General for Economic and Strategic Studies, BCSR.
1998-2002 : Assistant Secretary-General for Research Programmes, BCSR.
1993-1998 : Director of the Economic and Social Research Department, BCSR.
1985-1989 : Assistant Researcher in the Economic and Social Research Department, BCSR
- Member of the Research Team: Economic and Financial Study for the Setting up of a Cooperative Company for Private Taxi Drivers, 2004.
- Project Leader: Minimum Wage in Bahrain, Feb.2003. (Arabic).
- Project Coordinator: Human Development of Bahrain, 2001. (Arabic).
- Project Leader: Commercial Agencies in Bahrain: 1997. (Arabic).
- Project Leader: The Impact of King Fahad Causeway on the Bahraini Economy, 1996. (Arabic).
- Project Leader: Developing a Macro Econometric Model for the Bahraini Economy (Delmon I), 1993.
- Project Leader: The Economic Experience of Singapore, 1993. (Arabic).
- Member of the Research Team: Socio-Economic Survey of the Fisheries Sector.
- Project Leader: The Impact of the Jebel Ali Zone in Dubai on the Saudi Economy 1993.
- Project Leader: Updating of the Five Year Plan for Tourism in Bahrain, 1992.
- Member of Research Team: Labour Productivity in the Industrial Sector in Bahrain, 1990 (Arabic).
- Oil and Gulf Economies within a Changing Regional Environment. Presented at the International Energy Security Cooperation Conference, Shanghai, China, June 2004. Published by BCSR with the papers presented at the conference, June, 2005.
- The Effects of Human Capital on Bahraini Economic Growth (Jointly with Ahmed Al-Yousha). Presented at the Conference on “Strategies for Human Development in the GCC: A Challenge for the Future”, Nov. 11-13, 1996 in Bahrain. Published in Alt aawon Alsina’e Journal, Issue No.70, Oct. 1997.
- The Role of the Small and Medium Scale Industries in Promoting Bahraini Exports (jointly with Ahmed Al-Yousha). Paper presented at the seminar on “The Role of Small and Medium Scale Industries in Bahrain” Nov.25, 1996- Bahrain. (Arabic).
- Main Aspects of the Labour Market in Bahrain. Paper presented at the seminar on “Human Development in Bahrain” Oct. 13-19, 1996 – Bahrain (Arabic).
- GCC States and Middle East Peace: An Economic Evaluation. Paper presented at the seminar of the Bahrain Economic Society.
- The Main Aspect of the Macro Econometric Model of Bahrain, (Delmon 1). Paper presented at the seminar on the Economic Integration of the GCC States, May 1995, Kuwait (Arabic).
- Employment Policy and the Technology Choice of Joint Ventures and Local Establishments in the GCC: The Case of Bahrain. Published as a working paper by the Economic Research Forum for the Arab States, Iran & Turkey, 1995 (English).
- Financing Small and Medium Scale Industries in GCC Countries with Special Reference to Bahrain. (Jointly with Mohamed Kamashki and AbdulRahman Saif). Published in Alt a’awon alsina’e journal, Issue 60, April 1995. (Arabic).
- A Comment on “Energy Consumption in the GCC Countries“. Published in Alaw’own, June 1993 (Arabic).
- Joint Ventures: Motivation and Performance. Paper presented at a Bahrain Center for Studies and Research seminar on Dec. 3, 1991, Bahrain. (Arabic).
- The Science and Technology Environment in Bahrain. Paper presented at the Seminar on Science, Technology and Society in the Arab countries, Dec 1-4, 1986, Qatar.
|Organization of Conferences:|
- Member of the Conference Steering Committee. FDI in Bahrain and the GCC Countries: Opportunities & Challenges, May 17-18 2005.
- Chairman of the Steering Committee. The Second Economic Conference – Strategies for Human Resources Development in the GCC: A Challenge for the Future, Nov. 11-13, 1996.
- Chairman of the Steering Committee. The First Economic Conference – Industrial Investment in GCC Countries: Future Prospects, Nov. 8-10, 1993.
- Chairman of the Steering Committee. The Symposium on Finance and Industrial Development, Jan 5-6, 1994.